Our Merger With iFOGO Village Means BFF Members Have a Presence Here, on BooksForFilm.com,
and on The BFF Network!
First, No One Can Promise Success,
Only An Opportunity To Diligently Seek It.
DISNEY, DREAMWORKS, SONY, PARAMOUNT, FOX, IMAGINE ENTERTAINMENT, MIRAMAX, ABC, CBS, NBC, HBO, SHOWTIME, HALLMARK, USA NETWORK, LIFETIME, A&E, SONY, WARNER, UNIVERSAL, and other Television, cable, satellite, and film entities, are all constantly searching for great film properties.
Is BFF only for authors seeking to sell film rights?
- A. No. Authors whose titles appear on BFF may also indicate they are seeking agent
representation and/or a major publisher. We also seek readers/buyers.
How Can BFF Possibly Be of Help in Helping Authors Reach Agents/Producers/Agents?
- A. We provide a well-crafted forum then ‘Turn on The Strobe-Lights.’ In other words, we present quality authors and titles, along with the kinds of details that are sought. Believe it or not, while agents (good ones) are a critical part of helping you market your work, the difficulty is getting one to notice and sign you. Even then, the question is: is it the right ‘marriage?’
- We provide information and insights that increase your odds
- We encourage you to continue to educate yourself about the process.
- The best agents, producers, and publishers are constantly looking for great properties.
If you are not highly visible, and unwavering in your efforts, no one will see you.
As an author, you cannot afford to simply hope that your ‘great book’ will attract attention on its own. We can help, and we continue to “strobe the lights” twenty-four/seven, along with your efforts.
Are self-published authors welcome to join?
- A. Yes. Some of our greatest authors were once self-published.
What genres are accepted on BFF?
- A. All. Fiction and non-fiction titles are considered. All titles must have an ISBN and be available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble or other such venues.
Are authors who sign up automatically members?
- A. No. While we will not pass judgment on the suitability of a work for film, we will make placement decisions based upon the overall appearance and professionalism of the work. If your book is not immediately placed. our independent committee will make brief but poignant suggestions. You are free to resubmit. Our purpose is to make sure that agents and producers understand that we are dedicated to providing a forum for books they may feel disposed to consider. It’s better for your accepted book.
How is an author and his/her title presented?
- A. On our BFF Network, authors place their title(s) images, reviews, log lines, synopsis, digitized excerpts, text excerpts, detailed biographies, writing experiences, site links, and other key info in specific areas.
How is BFF promoted to benefit listing authors?
- A. Agents looking for books suitable for film spend great amounts of time searching many types of venues. We are determined to be the first source. BFF is relentless in using every available tool. We promote on sites featuring agents; use press releases; send e-blasts directly to agents who specialize in film rights sales; use promotion via all our high-traffic sites, and via other networks—including FaceBook, My Space, YouTube, Twitter, Google—and others. We also encourage authors participate in a joint-venture, regarding selling themselves and their titles. We do the following:
- Provide Opportunity For BFF blogs for authors to place their bios, reviews, and more. This is critical.
- Place these blogs in RSS feeds for web-wide dissemination.
- Provide invaluable, site marketing resources on an ongoing basis.
- Utilize Google Analytics and SEO (search-engine optimization.
- Employ focused press releases
- Encourage authors to post their links in other networks; their web sites, and in groups
- Provide link info in their ‘agent queries.’
- We continually invite legitimate agents, publishers, and producers to examine our listings.
That is why it is CRITICAL that BFF members have high-quality, well-written, professional-looking titles.
- We encourage authors to familiarize themselves with the ‘submission requirements’ of specific agents.
How Do I Become a Member of Books For Film?
- SIGN UP HERE: iFOGO Village + JOIN BOOKS FOR FILM
- WANT MORE PROMOTION W/ BFF Included? Become a Premium Member HERE